Wednesday, July 31, 2024

Letters.

 A friend of mine is moving. I asked if she liked letters. 

Texting? 

Well, yes, texting is fine, but do you like getting letters? 

Oh. Well, yes, but I would text back... 

***

I have gotten this response more than once. I really like writing letters. In fact, I am taking a short break from writing one to a 93 year old friend, to get my blog written. She is wonderful about getting back to me.

I don't know why, but a LOT of people I know, don't like to write. Moreover, some don't respond in any form. I see them later, hey, did you get my letter? Yeah, thanks, that was nice. 

Huh. 

You're welcome...

I have tried a few different ways to get letters, with varied success.  I have even considered the "Wilson method*", making up a person, and writing a letter to them when the mood strikes. But it just becomes a journal. 

It is easier when I know there is a person, and there is a chance of a reply. But, I guess that until I find another person that likes to put pen to paper, I should be happy with what I have... 

* Wilson was the volleyball in Cast Away... 

1 comment:

messymimi said...

If I were not working so much, I might write more notes or letters. It's not something I think about in the busy-ness of the evenings at home, doing all the stuff needs doing here.