Monday, September 09, 2024

Catching up, and soup starter.

Well, I spent most of the day yesterday washing clothes, and watering the garden area. The way the plants looked , I think I missed a couple days. But nothing died! Yay, mulch! 

Today was clean out the monster size veggies, chicken food. (sigh... There were 3 crookneck. You could have committed assault, as big as they were. Chickens love the seeds.)

I also picked the tomatoes that were ripe. Some go to Mom, but I make "soup packs". I blanch them, skin them, and toss in a freezer bag. When winter comes, I drop it in a pot with other veg, or beans, or what else I come up with, and get a bit of summer in my soup... 


First put away for fall! 

1 comment:

messymimi said...

I wish I could grow things. I can imagine chickens like lots of different kinds of kitchen scraps, and bugs.