Saturday, September 07, 2024

Ten little thankful-ies...

 Linky bits

I am writing this after dealing with my FIL's illness and death... So if it's even more random than usual, that's why.

1. Thankful that when family works together, they can be a powerful force. 

2. Thankful that most of my family doesn't care about garish, cocktail style rings. Why there WAS a garish cocktail ring, no clue. 

3. Doctors are great at the place we had to go to, and the nurses were incredible, in my opinion. 

4. It is amazing when you start trying to figure out what you need to do... For good or ill, lots of folks have gone through the same thing, so if you pay attention, you can get things taken care of pretty well. 

5. And quite often, business people can even one up you, and be able to save you lots of running around! They know who to ask, what to ask, so, yaaaay!!

6. Thankful for family that wanted stuff we had no idea what to do with... Turns out, family research means old photograph books and school yearbooks are a treasure, rather than a problem. 

7. Family getting together, leads to stories, which means I found out more about him. 

8. Doing lots of stuff, means lots of moving around, and getting tired. Which means I have actually been sleeping pretty well. 

9. Turns out, Ding Kitty is confused, but hasn't been too upset with us going in and out randomly. She's had more gooshy food in a week, than she's had in a month. I told Husband, she's going to start pushing us out the door, so she can get more gooshy food!!! 

10. So thankful for family and friends that kept us in mind, helped, and generally lent an ear when we needed it. 

Good week to everyone! 

2 comments:

messymimi said...

Please accept my sincere condolences for the loss of your father-in-law. My heart hurts for all of you.

Kristi said...

I'm sorry for your loss, but glad to hear you have family and friends to support you.