Sunday, September 15, 2024

Feeling a little corny...

 I raised 2 different types of corn this year. They both grew well, but I wasn't able to get to the one (the multi color corn), and it was turned to startch, so, it will be dried, and used for seed. 

The Martian Jewels corn, I managed to get at the right time, and put it up for winter use. 

Turns out, the beautiful maroon color of the leaves and the cob... Are not color fast. When I finished picking, it looked like I had picked berries, not corn. 

In the photo, the white corn is the Martian Jewels.


The corn is a bit darker than the photo suggests, but close. 

So, I blanched the corn. Remember what I said about the cob not being color fast?

The front pot is the hot pot, the other is the ice water...

So, it went well, and I have several packets of corn to toss in soup, or even have as a side. 

Yaaaay! Another batch of summer stored! 





No comments: