Friday, August 14, 2026

Ten. Yes, thankful for 'em.

 1. I love where I live. I walked out to my chicken yard, and realized that there was a small elk herd at the apple trees. Younger ones, a mom and baby. Probably 6-8 of them altogether. They saw me, and decided that they needed to be somewhere else, but it was neat to see them pretty close up. 

2. Husband has been mowing so that our upper field is longer grass. Between that and the trees we have in the middle of the place, we are getting a bunch of deer, and turkeys. In fact, the deer are getting rather blasé about me. I was near the fence in my garden, I had to blow my nose. I am not quiet doing this. Next thing I know, a deer raises its head, looks very disappointed in me, and goes back to nibbles!

3. Was able to get several Friday chores taken care of, (including a medical appointment, yay...), and was able to then go home and rest and relax for the rest of the day. 

4. STILL have not made the crisp/crumble/whatever, just haven't gone out and picked yet...

5. But, I have made lots of soup, steamed veggies, and Husband treated me to a green bean dish his grandma would make. I do like veggie season!

6. Saw a friend of mine at Big Box. He's a manager at the local one, and I am friends with him and his wife. Total accident that I saw him, but a nice surprise. Chatted, a little catch up, and check that phone numbers are the same, so we can chat later.

7. I am INCREDIBLY thankful for the local fire fighters. There have been several grass fires locally, and they have been absolutely vital to keeping it from getting away.  Eeep!

8. Oh. And I am thankful I checked about the medical stuff... As I only have Fridays free, I put that down. 

Crickets. 

Since I was in town, I went to the office and asked directly, since the doctor was new. Turns out, she only has office hours Tuesday and Wednesday. So the receptionist gal made her magic on the computer, and set me up with one of the other folks working there.  :)

9. My stress level has been lower. I am thankful for being able to work on that, doing things to make things less stressed, and learning how to deal with/avoid/change things to make my life much easier.

10. And I end with a goofy thankful. I have fallen in love with tiny kitten videos. It's nice to have something to watch that is not advertising, political, or just nasty. 

Just cute, tiny, and adorable. Well, okay, the sphynx are odd, but still cute. 

So, safe and happy thankfuls! :)

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

No comments: