Was a bit of craziness. I didn't get my last blog out, because... I spaced, with the big oops.
Mom and Dad had the septic tank pumped. That was when it was discovered that there was a tank problem.
Like, might have to replace the tank problem.
1. I am thankful my husband had been a contractor for a while, and could parse out what needed to be done.
2. And that he was able to do the work, alleviating a ginormously huge bill.
Husband was over at the house, working outside, while I took care of parents inside.
3. We were able to get everything taken care of before the rain hit and turned the yard into a swamp.
4. I like learning new things. The smell wasn't great, but I understand a lot more about plumbing and water flow.
The caregiver was a bit surprised when Husband came in, instead of me. She had met him before, though, so it was just to let her know the work he'd be doing, and not to run loads of laundry!
5. This gal has been a wonderful help. Mom and Dad adore her. I like her, too. Turns out, she thinks I'm pretty cool, too, because I try to set everything up for her the day before. I gather that is unusual.
Tried to get info into Mom's doctor. I had forgotten she has a new doctor.
6. I am VERY thankful she still has a doctor, they jump and run a lot here. :(
7. I will be getting some help with her appointment, so hopefully I will have the information they need, and I can make it as smooth as possible for Mom.
Today, Husband and I just vegged. We had talked about doing several things, but decided that home and rest sounded terrific at the moment!
8. I don't know why, but I slept the better part of the afternoon. But! I feel better.
9. Watched a movie and knit. I am making a blanket at the moment, I have a pattern that is almost zombie mindless. I can knit it even when I am tired and want to relax, without fear of big errors.
(It's pretty bad when a simple pattern just drops me in the evening. I have even put my bag I was working on, on pause, as I kept screwing up the pattern!)
10. And I am thankful for those who commented, concerned about me not blogging or showing comments. Your concern is so appreciated! Hopefully onwards, less chaos and more blogging!
Enjoy your week, Thankfulistas!
No comments:
Post a Comment