Have been trying to get my thankful list up, and for some reason in the evening, the internet, my phone, SOMETHING, goes to such a crawl that I couldn't get it to effectively work. So, A.M, and see if it works!
So, oddball, random thankfuls for the week...
1. Thankful for all the toilets I am dealing with now, working like they are supposed to! It is rather a jolt, when something you take for granted is not there, even temporarily.
2. "Burying the hatchet". Without great detail, two family members were fighting. Recently, one called the other, they talked a long while, and came to a peaceful resolution. Even chatted about chatting again.
Two days ago, one had a massive heart attack, and died.
I'm so glad they were able to get back together, so that won't be hanging over the other.
3. Seed packets and containers. They give me something to daydream about for next season.
4. Small town, good weather. Our community has a garage sale weekend. It helps make money for one of the philanthropy groups, with a breakfast at the school, and selling maps of all the places the sales are (that remembered to sign up!).
There have been years that it was raining, stormy, and just a mess for going all over the area, especially since lots of people have long dirt driveways.
Not this year! Sunny, not beastly hot, and dry. My hope is that the families have a good time trading junk selling items, and the group makes some funds.
5. My husband's projects. Like my knitting, my husband has various projects he likes to do. He's doing some metal work on his boat. It gives him something creative to do, and it's a way for him to keep busy and mentally going.
6. My recent knitting project has been... A stress relief? I picked a very, VERY basic pattern for a blanket I wanted to make. I have noticed that if it has been a particularly rough day, I come home and knit this near mindless pattern... And I relax. I don't have to think much, I don't have to do much (it's knitting with one increase, or decrease, to make a square), and I guess it just hits the sweet spot for me to unwind.
7. Husband woke me at 3 A.M. to see our new guests. He gets up early early to do some work and such, when he knows he won't be interrupted. He opens the blinds. This particular morning, the elk were in the front yard, and the young males were tussling a bit. We watched them spar, watched them get up on hind legs to eat leaves and apples, and generally do relaxed elk stuff. Until a car went by, then saw a group of elk go into escape mode, over our fence, down our driveway, generally whatever direction the lights weren't. Some people pay good money for trips out to see this!
8. I had been missing having a rooster. My neighbor was having trouble with hers, and we ended up with it. We have lots of hens, so he should be happy. He's a silkie. Loud little guy! It's nice having a rooster again. And my neighbor is happy, because she can come visit her little guy. We have pets much, yes?
9. I had a cold, was able to shake it fairly quickly. Not very thankful for the cold, but thankful it wasn't severe.
10. I am thankful for things going fairly well. We are dealing with things as they come up, and seem to have a handle on most of it. Not all ribbon and rainbows, but it's working, and that is good.
Good week to all the Thankfulistas!
No comments:
Post a Comment