Thursday, May 07, 2009

Shhhhh...

Since my Mom still hasn't decided on a computer, she still can't really get on the internet, so I can present these:


I managed to get both pairs finished BEFORE the Mom's Day doings! Hooray for me! The reddish pair I started to knit for myself. They were okay, but I wasn't thrilled with them, just, yep, pair 'o sox. Mom was fascinated by them, however. (I was also displeased with the yarn itself, I will have to check the maker, I think it was Tofutis, the yarn was nice to work with, but they had made a knot right in the middle of a sock, with a completely different colorway, from green, orange, red, spotty, to red, orange, red, green spotty. Doesn't sound like much, but if you want to match the socks, not gonna happen. So they are indeed a pair, but they are not as matched as I would have cared for.) The pink. Well, I am not a big fan of pink. Mom LIKES pink, so I made them most especially for her.

Now I really should get back to some other knitting. Like, 50 hats for Christmas presents, (Mom has volunteered to try making some hats, so I will see how many less I need.) I am down to 46, with 2 on the needles. I am also working on a baby afghan for the NMCRS.

And, well, darn it, I want to get to my "Can't Be Done" socks. Perhaps they were more appropriately named than I thought?

Nah... I will just give up some other activity. Hmmm. Do you think the doctor could hook me up to an IV until I finish all the hats? Then again, sleep is sort of over rated...

No comments: