Saturday, June 22, 2019

Daddy Daughter doings.

Dad's mower was on the fritz.  He had taken off the wheel and hub, and asked if my husband could take a look at it.  He did, and a conversation ensued which I basically gathered, one of the axles is bad, we need to do x.

Not being able to assist much, I went into the house, so I wouldn't drop his Father's Day present.  Husband and I found him a 24 hour clock, with day, date, temperature, alarm... Pretty much think it could make coffee, if we found the right plug in.  Hee. 

Anyway, Mom and I were talking, and the guys come in.  Husband says he's going back to the house, and would I mind staying back and helping Dad get the tractor ready so it can be driven up on the trailer. 

Well, sure.  Hey, it's Father's Day, and I can have time with Dad?  Works for me...  We go out and I realize that I have on a light gray shirt. 

Urk.  Well, that's why they make cleaners, right?  So, we start working on getting the wheel lined up, at first I was holding the trouble light, then I started helping adjust the wheel while Dad worked with the jack so we could line things up.  Then we found which tools we needed, and after a minor boo-boo on my part, ratchet was backwards, and I was REMOVING the bolt. 

A-hem. 

A quick click, and we were good to go.  Adjusted the bolts, and chatted about when I was in high school auto shop, and about some times I had to take my car to a shop, as I had no place to do work on it myself.  The dingbat at the shop had tightened the bolt so tight, he'd nearly stripped them, and used an air gun to do so.  It was a charmer trying to get them OFF again... Sheeesh...

So, we got the wounded tractor back on it's way again, and soon enough Husband showed up, and they loaded up his tractor.

Dad and I both mused, that was a good day, we'd not done that for a while, and it was fun.

And, amazingly, I managed not to get any grease on my shirt!  My hands looked like I'd dipped them in India Ink, but the shirt was fine...

2 comments:

messymimi said...

It sounds like you had a good time and so did he. That's the point with Father's Day!

Cat said...

Worked for me!
Cat