Saturday, January 08, 2022

7. Marie Kondo and the UFO's

 Been physically exercising in my craft room, mentally working through a mess of items there, too.  

I have started several projects, and I finally thought, that lovely Kondo gal has several questions about things to keep... Or not. But in this case, I focused on one. 

Does this bring you joy?

My first item was a shawl I had been working on for... Oh, a while.  About 3/4 finished. 

But. 

I was making it for a friend. She died. I don't wear shawls. And every time I looked at the project, it made me sad.  

So, today, I sat down and frogged the whole blasted thing.  6 or so hours and several podcasts later, I now have much yarn freed for new projects, a bit of space cleared, and... I feel better. Finally made a decision, didn't just let it keep festering like a dead fish.  My rear and back seem to feel like it was not the greatest idea.

I told them to hush, I feel happier now. 

On to other boxes 'o stuff. News as events update! 

4 comments:

Retired Knitter said...

It is hard to explain to non-believers that getting rid of stuff gives freedom and happiness. I know the feeling and it can get habit forming. :-)

messymimi said...

>xcellent work! You are now free to remember your friend without an unfinished project hanging over your head.

Cat said...

I am in the starting point. I had the craft room cleaned. But then started noticing I wasn't using things, why was I storing them? I come from a family with Depression era parents, and pack rat genes, so cleaning is good, excellent, even, but I have to really think and work on it... But! I see space now, so it's working!!
Cat

Cat said...

Absolutely! And she was always happy, so I think it would bug her that I wasn't with that project...
Cat