Saturday, February 24, 2024

I fought the lawn, and thankfulness.

 I decided the sun had surprisingly dried out much of the area I wanted to cut down. So I asked Husband if he could get out the weed cutter for me. He did, and tried to start it. 

Welp, it IS still February, and the poor machine had to be warmed up, it was too cold to go. So, I went in and puttered about, cleaning a couple things and tidying.  Husband called me later that it was going.

I worked first around my pod. The grass there was not only tall, it had flopped over the steps, making them slippery! Made short work of that, mangled a blackberry bramble that was there, too. Get that properly later, but it's not going to catch feet, either. Cleared around pod, then I started clearing a path to the raised bed for Cole crops. Not too much problem, except needing to change sides a few times, I am not used to weed cleaning at this point.  Then I came to the raised bed. Trying to buzz that down did NOT happen. The consistency of the grasses, weeds and whatnot was somewhere between cowboy coffee and wet cement. The cutter was mixing it, but cutting... Nope. Husband reminded me it was still February, the stuff might even still be more or less slush. 

Meh. On to clearing a path to the composter. I didn't do a sterling job, but I can get through, so I figure I am ahead of the game. Tomorrow is supposed to be nice, I might try with some hand tools to clean the raised bed. We shall see.

Ten things of thankful is here: Ten Things of Thankful, that seems to be as close as I can get to a blog link. Shrug.

Now then:

1. Managed to have some nice postcards for my new hobby. It's through a website called Postcrossing. You send postcards out, then Postcrossing sends cards to you. I am looking forward to seeing where the next batches come from.

2. I finally have a basket again to corral papers and magazines, ads and such on the table. It's nice to walk by and NOT have the flutter of a half dozen papers going to ground.

3. The weather is nice. It's going to rain here, but we're going to get snow, much snow in the mountains. Very good thing!

4. One of my friends had a medical emergency, but it turned out that it was a false alarm. As often as this poor friend has problems, new ones need not apply, thank you. 

5. Getting my speed up to crochet the blanket. Still kinda pokey, but improving.

6. My cat, Ding, has been very lightly touching my nose and cheek when I wake up at night. I guess she knows I'm awake, and wants attention, but it's nice. 

7. Better than halfway through my third book, so keeping my resolution so far.  A funny book, but also very educational.

8. About halfway on another chemo cap, that will be 3.  I have decided to knit several, and take them in all at once. If the gal at the hospital doesn't want them, I will take them to a local church that can use them. 

9. Husband is coming right along on his project. Busy, and he keeps at it. Sure makes him sleep well at night! 

10. Chickens are looking good and healthy, and one is laying so far. Soon to be more, I'm sure.

Okay, blog friends, have a great one!



2 comments:

messymimi said...

Congratulations on getting so much of the lawn war fought. I hope the raised bed gives up the fight soon.

You did a fabulous job with the link. Our friend Dyanne, who is the hostess, is supposed to do a new link each week at the blog but is often late for forgets or gets busy taking care of her elderly father. The link is also on my post.

If you want to link up yourself, I can talk you through it, or I'll link you up if you prefer.

Cat said...

I would be grateful if you would do it. I have a less than easy time convincing my phone to cooperate on things like that... :/

Cat