Friday, March 08, 2024

Feeling fine, if not fast.

 I have been working on strengthening my ankle, (and indirectly, my knee), since my surgery.  I had proof today that it's working.

Husband and I went shopping. We were walking out of the building, and as usual, he started his long legged gait, and I was getting a bit away from him. This would normally mean one of two things:

An unladylike bellow for him to slow down, which, depending on if he's paying attention, or able to hear me, might slow him, might not. 

Or, I just keep plugging along, hoping he will notice I am no longer in close range, and he will slow down.

Today, I decided to see if I could catch up. My ankle is not hurting, so I clutched the cart, and ran. Okay, probably more of a jog, if it was a normal person, but I moved faster, and caught up, and even went slightly ahead of him, to line up the cart with the car trunk.

Yay, me!!!

No comments: